Monday, December 14, 2015

Cream Cheese Danish

I don't know the origination of this recipe, but I came across it in a family cookbook and now it's a traditional breakfast for my husband's birthday, Father's Day, and my son's birthday. It's super easy, especially if the cream cheese is at room temperature before you start. Also, I generally make it the day before, keep it in the refrigerator, and then cook it on the celebration morning. That way I don't have to wake up hours before breakfast to put it together and then get it cooked and cooled slightly before consumption.

Ingredients
  • 2 cans crescent roll dough
  • 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
  • ¾  cup sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  2. Grease a 9x13 pan.
  3. In a bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla. Set aside.
  4. Roll out one can of crescent roll dough on the bottom of the 9x13 pan. 
  5. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of crescent roll dough.
  6. Roll out the second can of crescent roll dough on top of the cream cheese mixture.
  7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown. Eat warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment