Sunday, August 3, 2014

Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Nuggets

I found this recipe on the blog Favorite Family Recipes although that's not where it originated. I actually changed the name (from Crock Pot Cashew Chicken) because the recipe calls for cashews, but I didn't add the cashews. I served the chicken with a salad that had mandarin oranges, cashews, coconut, etc... so I didn't feel the need to double up the cashews. I didn't miss them in the chicken at all though. I also did not serve it with rice since there wasn't much sauce when it was all cooked up. It turned out really yummy though and I did eat the leftovers cold over the next couple of days. And, my husband, who's not a really a Chinese food fan, still really liked it!

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • ¼ cup flour (I used whole wheat)
  • Pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 garlic clove, minced

Directions
  1. Combine flour and pepper in a resealable food storage bag and add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
  2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken for 2 minutes on each side and then add to slow cooker.
  3. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, ketchup, sugar, and garlic in a small bowl and then pour over the chicken.
  4. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment