- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 16 ounces veggie broth (or water)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 quart half and half
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Cook potatoes in broth until soft. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and saute onion and celery until soft.
- Whisk in flour.
- Slowly add half and half while whisking to avoid lumps.
- Season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Add potatoes and simmer together until steaming hot.