- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan bring water and quinoa to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes until all the water is absorbed and the seeds are tender. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa, mango, onion, red pepper, and black beans.
- In a small bowl or a jar with a lid, mix olive oil, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well with a whisk or shake jar well.
- Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and stir well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.