This recipe comes from a friend from the time we lived in Ann Arbor. It's about the only time I use corn tortillas (just because they're not my favorite) but you cannot substitute them for flour in this recipe. Trust me, the corn tortillas are the best in this. Also, use a Costco rotisserie for convenience.
- 6 Corn tortillas
- 2 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 oz) can of red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Combine sour cream and cumin.
- Add chicken and green onions and set aside.
- Dip 1 tortilla into enchilada sauce - don't drain excess.
- Place tortilla in round casserole dish (or as close to it as you have).
- Top with 1/6 of the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese. Repeat layers.
- Before adding last cheese, pour any remaining enchilada sauce over all.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.