Friday, June 6, 2014

Mango Salsa Chicken (Slow Cooker)

This recipe comes from the Sisters Cafe. I buy the peach mango salsa from Costco to make this and I can make two separate meals a month or two apart. I usually have leftovers from the first batch that I freeze and add a bit more salsa to it when I reheat it. You can serve this over rice, quinoa, or just with chips.

Ingredients
  • 4-5 chicken breasts
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 3 cups mango salsa
  • Cumin to taste
  • Lemon Pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Put chicken breasts in slow cooker. Add spices. Cover and cook chicken until tender, about 6-8 hours on low. 
  2. Shred chicken on a plate and return to slow cooker. Save juices in separate bowl.
  3. Add corn, beans and salsa. More salsa can be added to taste. 
  4. If mixture seems dry, add some of reserved juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment