Friday, April 15, 2016

The Best Doctored Box Cake Recipe

I've made cakes from scratch on occasion, but generally when one of my kids' birthdays rolls around, I don't feel like taking the time to do that because I have so much else going on. This is my go-to recipe for all my boxed cakes. The added ingredients make such a difference, you'd never know it came from a box! I almost always top my cakes with cream cheese frosting because that's my favorite. Note: If you (or your child or husband or whoever) wants a chocolate cake, just sub the box of vanilla pudding for chocolate.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box cake mix, any flavor
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 box instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 tea vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (sometimes I do 325)
  2. Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix with beaters until well-blended. It will be thick.
  3. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment